Message to members – Course reopening on Saturday 4th April.
The Chief Medical Officer for Qld Health has advised that playing golf fits within the definition of “exercise” as set out within the restriction on gatherings published by the Federal Government.
As such we can now open for play provided rules are VERY STRICTLY followed by all. Beerwah Golf Club is committed to working as a community to stop the spread of this virus and flatten the curve. The Management Committee has approved an immediate one month suspension to any members, and a 6 month ban on any visitors not abiding by the following conditions.
Entrance to and use of the course is allowed under the following conditions:
- Social distancing of a minimum of 1.5 mtrs MUST be maintained at all times
- Arrival at the course should be no earlier than 15 minutes prior to your allocated tee time
- 1 Person only per cart (unless they are family members living together)
- NO ALCOHOL consumption on the course. One member has already been suspended for breach of this rule last Saturday. Breach of this condition risks our Liquor licence.
- Groups of 2 people only at all times. Groups should sit well apart and should not congregate near the Proshop
- Follow instruction of course marshals or club staff at all times.
- Do not attend the course at any time unless you have a valid tee booking, this includes social play.
Competitions and Tee Bookings
With only 2 players per group and 1 tee start there are a limited number of available slots each day.
We need to ensure that all members have an equal opportunity to play.
All competitions will be Medley Single Stableford for the foreseeable future. All competitions will be Members ONLY – no visitors at all.
Wednesday and Thursday – each day will have 112 slots available. A member may book 1 day only so that those that are unable to obtain their first preference tee slot will be able to play on the other day
Saturday and Sunday – also 112 slots available so also only 1 day may be booked.
Any members booking for both Wednesday and Thursday, and Saturday and Sunday will have their tee times cancelled.
Monday Seniors – 82 slots will be available.
Please note that medical advice at both Federal and State levels recommends that individuals over 70 should self isolate as much as possible. We urge all members to consider that advice when deciding whether to play golf or not.
IF, on the day of the competition, there are available slots then a member that is booked for the other competition day may take that opening
With the situation surrounding COVID19 being so fluid, the tee booking system will be open to bookings only a few days in advance.
Thursday – 6.00pm bookings will be possible for Sat, Sun & Mon competitions
Monday – 6.00pm bookings will be possible for Wed & Thursday competitions
The committee has not taken this decision lightly, we take the health and wellbeing of our members very seriously, it is now up to all our members and visitors to do the right thing to ensure the continued enjoyment of golf during this uncertain time.