18th March 2020
Dear Members and Guests,
The health and safety of our employees, our members, our guests and the wider community is always our priority, never more so than now, given the escalating COVID-19 health crisis. Thankfully, golf is a game that can adapt and continue with good hygiene and practicing social distancing. We have implemented a number of additional health and safety measures to ensure we provide you with the safest environment we can.
We appreciate your understanding and acceptance of the below changes that have been implemented to ensure the continued enjoyment of golf at Beerwah Golf Club.
- Request that all green flags be left in place and not removed
- Avoid using the rake in the bunkers unless wearing gloves
- Additional monitoring and maintenance of bunkers will be provided by greens staff
- Pins have been removed from practice greens
- Closure of computerised scoring system – please leave your cards at the kiosk for processing by our trained staff
- Removal of sunscreen from change rooms
- Closure of the ice machine – please request ice from our friendly staff, we will gladly fill your water bottles for you
- Closure of water coolers on the course – please ensure you carry sufficient water with you in personal water bottles
- Suspension of spikes bar on the weekends – this will enable us to implement dedicated food handling staff
- Extension of time allowed between the 9th and 10th to enable members and guests to visit the clubhouse for food and beverages
- Please utilise the hand sanitisers provided in the clubhouse foyer and entry to the Pro-shop and always maintain good personal hygiene by washing hands regularly
- At this stage we are encouraging our members to pay for purchases by “pay-wave” where possible, this may be enforced in future and opportunities to cash up member account balances is available.
We request that all members and visitors evaluate their own health and those that they are in close contact with. Please stay at home and do not visit the Club if any of the following apply:
You feel unwell
- You have returned from overseas travel within the past 14 days
- You have been directed to self-isolate
- You have, or a person you have been in close contact with, has been diagnosed with COVID-19.