It is with great excitement that we can announce that our normal bar and gaming operations resumed at 12pm today. You are now able to purchase food & alcohol from our Spikes Bar or Main Bar for consumption on the course. We have welcomed members back into our clubhouse today and it was just wonderful to enjoy the company of people “upstairs” again.
However, there is some “fine print” as follows: (plus there will likely be more to come once the revised COVID safe plan is released)
- Physical (formerly Social) Distancing must still be adhered to
- All members must ensure that they are signed in for each visit. For members playing in the comp or socially with a valid tee booking, there is no need to do anything as our system records your details. If you are attending to use the practice facilities or enjoy our clubhouse you must enter your details in the attendance record
- Visitors must sign-in to the attendance record, this is located in the Pro Shop and the Bar.
- Our clubhouse is restricted to 70 people at any one time, please do not be offended if we ask you to utilise our outside areas during peak times.
- Our staff are required to clean down tables and gaming machines between each use, we will aim to keep on top of this as best we can, however please choose a “clean” table and leave your glasses on the table for our collection. We love that you want to help by bringing them to the bar, however we need to be in dedicated “cleaning mode” to pick these up.
- Strictly No BYO, we will be continuing to monitor alcohol consumption on the course and we ask you to respect YOUR club by respecting this rule as our course is a licenced venue.
A few other items to update you on:
Senior Club Championships
The Queensland Seniors Open is now scheduled to be held from Aug 2nd to 4th and as we have a number of senior players who wish to play in that event we will move our Seniors Championship to August 10th & 17th.
Please join us next Thursday for lunch, drinks and presentation in the clubhouse after your comp, I’m sure Sharon will have a good joke for you and we have missed your beautiful faces and laughter.
In regards to the monthly medals and championships, these will now be played from the red markers only, we will no longer be using the yellow markers.
Despite the rescheduled Club Championships we are still planning on holding our Presentation Night on Friday 23rd October so please save the date.
Thursday Mens Comp
The trial of a Men’s Thursday competition has resulted in
very few members taking advantage of the opportunity to play on that day. Only 14 players in the first week and 5 in the second. Therefore the trial will be stopped and no further men’s comps will be scheduled on a Thursday.